ICIIT 2018 : Call for Doctoral Consortium
The ICIIT 2018 Doctoral Consortium (DC) is a forum for Ph.D. students to discuss their research goals, methods, and results at an early stage in their research. The Doctoral Consortium aims to provide useful guidance for completion of the doctoral research and the initiation of a research career in a friendly and constructive atmosphere. The Doctoral Consortium will be held on December 13th, 2018. The Consortium will be a closed event, open only to the selected participants and other invited attendees. To protect the intellectual property of students, extended abstracts will only be made available to participants of the Doctoral Consortium and will not be available or published publicly.
Deadline for applications:
September 30th, 2018
October 20th, 2018
Applicants should submit (as a single pdf file) the following:
- A four-page extended abstract that summarizes the research problem being investigated, the specific contributions made, and directions for the remaining work. The extended abstract has to be formatted using the Springer CCIS format, and is strictly limited to 4 pages, including references. When writing it remember that the audience is knowledgeable about Data Science & Analytics, but not necessarily in the narrow topic of your thesis. Accepted extended abstracts will be published in the ICIIT Conference Proceedings and be presented briefly at the doctoral consortium.
- A personal statement (1-2 pages max) with answers to the following questions:
- Have you submitted an article to the main ICIIT 2018 conference?
- When do you expect to graduate?
- What type of job do you desire after graduation (research, teaching, development, etc)?
- A curriculum vitae (2 pages) with your background (name, university), education (degree sought, year/status in the degree, previous degrees), employment, and relevant experience in research (publications, presentations, conferences attended, etc).
- Name of the thesis advisor and information, including title, department, affiliation and email address.
Applications should be submitted at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/ICIITDC2018.
Doctoral Consortium Co-chair, ICIIT 2018